Friday, December 26, 2008

Scary Santa

We took Jase to the mall a couple of weeks ago for his first picture with Santa. Of course, he was fine as we stood in line for an hour, but when it was finally his turn he completely panicked!

"How could you leave me with this scary old man?"




Last weekend my mom and dad came into town to celebrate Christmas. Daddy started a new tradition last year of dressing up as Santa for his grandkids. It is hilarious! I think my dad will always be a kid at heart and we are so grateful for that! Having lost my granddad a couple of weeks ago, I am so glad that Jase will have memories like this to cherish of his own grandparents. I am not sure how many more years dad is going to be able to pull it off as both of my nieces are very bright little girls and they are getting old enough to figure it out. He managed to repeat "Ho, Ho, Ho", but he gets little else out because he is afraid they are going to recognize his voice. Of course, noone ever questions where Poppa is when Santa "happens" to drop by either. So, we thought in the comfort of Uncle Lonny's house Jase might do a little better, but no such luck!


1 comment:

Karis said...

I love it!! Your dad makes me laugh!!