Saturday, December 27, 2008

Decorating the Tree

I didn't have time earlier this month to post pics of decorating the tree, so here we are...







It is tradition to pull all the decorations down from the attic the Friday after Thanksgiving and decorate. I have to praise Josh here because he always does this without complaint though I know it is not his favorite tradition. It is something I've look forward to every year since I was little and now we get to share that tradition with Jase. Of course, I realize that in a few years he is not going to be interested, but this year he definitely was and we had a lot of fun. We put the tree in the front bedroom, so that we wouldn't have to battle with him over the the ornaments. Wouldn't you know that one of the first things he did was pitch an ornament down the hallway!



My mom bought us an ornament every year (and to her credit, still does) while I was growing up, so our tree is a hodge podge of ornaments collected over the years.





The beads are just great fun! We've had many battles with him over these beads since letting him play with them that night.

2 comments:

Angela said...

Looks like you guys had a lot of fun decorating the tree! We always decorate our tree the day after Thanksgiving and I buy the kids an ornament every year too! Can't wait to see some pictures from Christmas morning!

cindy said...

Love these pics!! Decorating the tree is one of the best. When Katherine was two or three and "helping" me, I stepped out of the room for a bit. When I returned, she had picked up my reusable lunch bag, hung it around her neck, and was removing all ornaments at her level to place in the bag. So precious!