Sunday, January 25, 2009

Spaghetti Anyone?

I wanted to give some updates on Jase. He seems to be really moving on his vocabulary. He now can point to his head, mouth, nose, and ears and say what they are. He has had about a five to ten word vocabulary mostly consisting of "No", "Mine" (it''s survival of the selfish at daycare), and "Momma", "Dadda" , and "ball" for the past few months, so we are glad to hear some new ones. Jase has also developed quite the attachment to his many blankies. I know my parents must find that amusing. I carried my blankie through the third grade and still feel like I have to have one on me at all times when I am home. I wanted the Snuggie blanket that has arms for Christmas, but Santa didn't listen. So, anyway, we don't eat breakfast in the morning without his blankie tucked in behind him in the highchair and I certainly don't walk out the door in the mornings without one if not two. Jase absolutely loves to dance. Music comes on and that boy is moving! Generally, the music gets turned up and our whole family is rocking it out in the living room (Daddy included). It is so funny! I have some video of it that I will have to post sometime if I can figure out how.



I thought these were some cute pics of Jase enjoying his dinner. As you can see, he eats pretty good for us.











I am fairly certain Daddy had to give him a bath that night.










We are starting 60 hour weeks (with more to come) next week at work through the middle of April, so I probably won't be posting much. I went back full time (which means overtime and not a straight 40) last October because I felt like it was a good opportunity to grow in my career. It was a very hard decision as I obviously don't want to be away from my family, but I am hoping it will be worth it in the long run. I spent many hours crying the night I decided to do it. Wish me good luck and pray that Jase and Josh don't forget who I am! I am also sitting for the third section of the CPA exam on February 8th (mom's bday), so I have a rough couple of weeks ahead. Pray that I stay calm enough to make it through the exam and don't walk out this time!

2 comments:

Karis said...

Really...don't encourage him to talk because in a year you will regret it! Ha!
I will be thinking and praying for you over the next few months. You are one amazing mom!

Angela said...

Wow! Looks like yummy spaghetti! I can't believe how much Jase has grown. It seems like yesterday when I saw him in the hospital for the first time. He was so tiny and absoutely beautiful! They grow too fast! I know how difficult it was for you to go back to work full time. Public accounting is a tough job and people who haven't done it do not understand the pressure the job entails. Even though you won't get to spend as much time as you would like with your family, the time you do have with them will be even more special. Little Jase will never forget who his mommy is!